Saturday, August 25, 2012

The House Plan


I started looking at house plans at least 3 years ago.  Ok, probably more than that.  Here is the wish list we started with:

  • Open Concept Ranch Style Home
  • Walkout Basement
  • 3 - 4 Bedrooms (3 Bedrooms Plus an Office Space)
  • 2 1/2 Bathrooms (the Half Bathroom was a Must Have)
  • Oversized Three Car Side Load Garage
  • Split Bedrooms
  • Large Master Bedroom and Bathroom with Separate Tub and Shower
  • Good Size Second and Third Bedrooms with Walk in Closets and Jack and Jill Bathroom
  • Main Floor Laundry Room
  • Walk In Pantry
  • Separate Dining Room and Breakfast Nook
  • Gabled Roof with Dormers
  • Front Porch
  • Covered Deck
  • Craftsman Look for Front of House

Given our extensive list, it's probably a good thing I started searching so long ago.

There are tons of websites out there to search for house plans and I probably visited them all looking for what I wanted.  I used their searching capabilities with various degrees of success.  Usually I just ended up putting my basic requirements in because most of the time if I put in everything I wanted in the search engine, I got back no results.  I searched and I searched and I searched some more.  After sifting through hundreds (thousands?) of plans, I found it.  The one.  It has every single thing I wanted.

Here it is in all it's glory:

It's perfect.  Well, mostly.  The bedrooms were a little small and I prefer the laundry room entrance to be by the garage door, and the jack and jill bath needed some minor configuration changes.  But that was all minor stuff.  Overall, it checked every single box on my long list of requirements.  

Of course, being the thorough researcher that I am, I bookmarked this plan and kept looking.  But, no matter what, I kept coming back to this plan being the one for us.  As an added bonus, my husband liked it too.  I'm not sure what would have happened had he not liked it.  I'm just glad we didn't have to deal with that.  


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blog!
    Do you have the final plans?
    What did the final 1st floor without lower level sq footage come out to?

    ReplyDelete